This access statement does not
contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs,
but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all
Access Statement for River View Apartment
2 bedroom, fist floor self catering apartment, forming
part of a country house in a quiet village, 7 miles from a large town. The
house is set in its own grounds, on level ground, overlooking the River Ure.
the surfaces are concrete and gravel. the entrance to the apartment is by 13
Both bedrooms are on the first floor.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any
queries or require any assistance please phone 01677 470886 or email
- Northallerton (15 miles) and
Thirsk (10 miles) are the nearest train stations
- Local taxis are available at
- Local bus route only serves the
Dales and Ripon and Harrogate and stops in the village at a covered
- There is a Tesco supermarket
which delivers to the address
- Our postcode, for directions is
Key Collection, Welcome and Car
- Visitors will be met by the
owners to collect the key and have a tour of the facilities.
- Parking for 2 cars is available
in a yard adjoining the property. The surfaces are gravel and concrete.
- there is sensory halogen spot
lighting, as well; as an outside pendulum tungsten light by the front door
Entrance to Property
- The entrance to the property is
up 13 quite steep steps. There is one handrail, but no ramp is available,
and therefore no level access available
- The opening of the entrance is
76cm/30". There is a step up through the entrance.
- There is pendulum lighting
inside the entrance door, and a matting floor covering.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- these are all well lit, using
ceiling pendulum lights.
- The passageway is
- the floor covering is short
- The sitting room is on the
first floor, on the same level as all other room.
- The door opening is
- There is a low 3 seater sofa,
and an armchair, all with scatter cushions, arranged around a low coffee
table. All are movable, and there is plenty of space between all items.
- There is a wall-mounted
digital, widesreen TV with freeview, upon which subtitles are available.
There is also a Dvd player and digital radio/docking station
- The room is well lit, with
natural light, ceiling pendulum light and lamps.
- The flooring is short pile
- This is an open plan
- Access is through the same
doorway as the sitting room.
- The worktop is set at
- The oven is placed under the
worktop, with a drop down door. The hob is set within the worktop.The
microwave is situated on top of the worktop.
- There is a separate fridge and
freezer. Both are situated under the worktop.The highest shelf/drawer is
62cm/24", and the lowest is 10cm/4"
- There is a round table and four
chairs, for dining.The clear height under the table is 72cm/28"
- There is a stainless steel sink
with dual mixer lever tap, and cordless revolving kettle
- The kitchen is well lit, served
by 2 windows, and a set of 4 ceiling mounted spotlights
- The floor is covered in vinyl
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are no ground floor
- Both bedrooms are on the same
level as the rest of the apartment.
- There is one double and one
twin room,linked by double doors, as well as their own doors, which
measure 75cm/29". The furniture can be moved around or removed. The
space next to the beds is 80cm/32", and the mattress tops are
58cm/23"from the floor. There is no clear space under the beds.
- Both bedrooms are well lit by
natural light and pendulum ceiling lights.
- The walls and floors are fairly
similar in colour, while the doors and windows are a contrasting darker
- Hanging space is provided by
wall pegs, which cannot be adjusted
- The floor covering is short
- There are digital alarm clocks
in both bedrooms
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and
- There is level access to the
bathroom, with a clear opening of 75cm/29"
- There is a mains fed shower,
which is over the bath
- The height of the WC from floor
to seat is 40cm/16", and the washbasin is at 90cm/36".There is a
cupboard under the sink.
- The taps on the bath and sink
are 1/4 turn
- The bathroom is well lit by a
window and ceiling mounted spotlights.
- The flooring is a combination
of cshort pile carpet and tiles.
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- The wood and doorways are much
darker than floors and walls throughout the apartment.
- Free WiFi is available. Mobile
reception is generally poor, Vodafone being the best.
- The nearest hospital with minor
injuries dept is 7 miles away. The nearest A&E is 15 miles. The
doctors surgery and dentist are within 7 miles.
- There are details of local
attractions in the apartment.
- Due to the position of the
apartment it will be very difficult to make any significant changes to the
accessibility of the apartment.
Address (Inc postcode):
Tanfield House West Tanfiels Ripon
North Yorkshire HG4 5JY
Hours Of Operation:
Local Equipment Hire:
Daily Care Ltd Category:
Disability Equipment (Manufacturers and Suppliers) Phone 01765 60023 Phoenix
Business Centre Low Mill Road, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 1NS
Local Accessible Taxi:
Havacab Category: Taxis and
Private Hire Vehicles (017) 656-0188 2 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, North
Yorkshire HG4 2TP